Search This Blog

Monday, September 13, 2010

What I did with my weekend



This past weekend, like many of my weekends, I do my best to relax my mind.
At the very least I like to shift gears from the "heavy lifting" that my brain does all week at work.
For many of my weekends this means I go to a Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA) function.

This past weekend the function I went to was an open-to-the-public demo at Fort Knox in Maine.

Here are a few pictures:

The Fort as seen from the opposite side of the "harbor." Taken out my car window with an iPhone.

The view of the two bridges, old and new, from the Fort's ground
A partial view of the Fort from the grounds
My fencing gear, my armor bag and my hat.



As I was busy most of the day my photography stopped there. Luckily, there were plenty of people at the demo who took many pictures. Here are some samples of the day (all posted with permission: check back during the week to see if I add more!):

Outside the fort was a dangerous place to be if you stood down-range:
Yes, it works.


"Heavy List" fighting is a popular activity:
This is from the afternoon fighting session. It is a novelty fight over a center barrier.

This is what happens when someone is "dead." They stand around and wait for the next scenario.


There was also fencing:
(pictures forthcoming)






And a display of a variety of arts & sciences:




and dancing and signing:

(pictures forthcoming)

No comments:

Post a Comment