Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Rambling Post

I have too many things to specifically write about one today. Instead of a single topic I am going to write out a few short blurbs.

I am glad to have allies at work. My de-facto supervisor is a good guy who is supportive of my problems.
I have a few people that appreciate the work I do.
It is worthwhile to remember these people ALWAYS, ESPECIALLY when one of the others (who is not following the rules anyway) if publicly decrying one's efforts.

I am glad to have supportive friends. People who can sympathize with my situation.

I am glad to have a supportive girlfriend who tries to help (even when I already know the path and just need to vent to avoid an explosion of fury).

I am glad to have a means to entertain myself in the car for my 2.5 hours of daily commute. Podcasts are my friend.

I am glad that I am able to detect when my breaking point is being reached and walk away BEFORE it happens. Nothing is quite so harmful as losing one's temper.

I am glad that the hell of the beginning of school is nearly over. I need a break from this overly-rigorous pace.

I am glad that I am able to (sometimes) take a bad day and force myself to look at the good things instead. I think it helps (but I am not sure if it actually does or if I just think it does - I'll find out when the next annoyance appears).

If you're having a hard time with a day I recommend trying to look at the positives and focus on them for 10 minutes. It might help and, at the very least, it gives you a 10 minutes break from the stress.

1 comment: